Window Air

Do they make a window air conditioner that doesn't let all the little nit flies through it? I have no leaks around the sides, top or bottom. I also have the space between the sashes covered. The only way they can get in is through the intake outside and through the other side into the room. I tape a screen over the intakes outside and this year I put a screen over the cooling vents. One nit fly so far.

Reply to
LSMFT

I've had different brands an never had that problem with any of them

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Lately I need to modify and "fix" things like this so they work properly. I've put my own screen over things like this to prevent similar problems.

Reply to
Bill

Can they come in through a drip/drain hose?

Reply to
Oren

My window unit (it cools only the bedroom - installing it cut my power bill by 2/3rds) has no path for that noxious "outside air."

If yours has an "fresh air" setting, turn it off. In the alternative, I suppose you could jury-rig a filter on the output side.

Reply to
HeyBub