Window A/C

Hey, I just installed a 7300BTU Simplicity Room Air Conditioner and upon the installation, I was unable to provide the 1/4" tilt backwards for drainage. Because my apartment is part of an older "Victorian" type house, the window is huge and pretty much forces the unit to stay level when I lock it in place. I've tried many ways to allow the tilt, but it just isn't going to happen. Alot of people said that new ACs are designed not to drain but to use the condensation to cool the unit, though my unit has the hole in the back and the manual specifies to tilt it back. I'm not interested in having mildew build-up and odors in my AC. Any ideas on what I could do?
Thanks!
If its level, I would not worry too much. If it was tilting towards the window, then I would say it could be a problem. Can't you put a wood shim underneath the front of the A/C to get the tilt?

More information please: just how does the window force the unit level?
Guessing, but perhaps you need to add height to the inside stool/sill (screw down an appropriate sized piece or two of wood to the stool) to clear an outside storm window?
--
Luke

drainage.
window
A package of door shims from the local hardware store will solve the issue.
If the window sill runs right up to the window bottom when the window is closed, then the air conditioner should be sitting properly when the bottom of the a/c is up against the back of the window sill and the top of the a/c is being held by the bottom of the window.
Are you sure it's level?

drainage.
window

You left out the storm window. With many triple track storm windows, the bottom cross member may sit a bit higher that the sill causing the AC to tilt inward a bit. In that case, the sill must be shimmed.
If you have a triple-track storm window, then you have exactly the same as me. My window AC sat almost level since the bottom rail of the storm window was almost the same height as the inside window ledge. All you need is to cut a piece of plywood the appropriate thickness and place it under the AC on the inside window ledge. If that doesn't do it, use two pieces. Works for me.