Windmill go boom

Page 4 of 4

I don't know if it was posted already. If it was the same one that was on The Hisstory or TlC channels, the problem was failure of the governor resulting in overspeed condition. Shed one blade which caused rest of problem.
Harry K
RicodJour wrote:

Wow! Cool, if it's not yours!
I believed the reason someone was there with a camera is because the generator/alternator had failed and there was no load or brakes to slow the blades. It was an accident waiting to happen. If it had been working properly it never would have spun that fast. At that rate of speed I think as soon as one blade broke it became so off balance that it instantly self destructed faster than that video, or video clip could show. Do it again with a high speed camera! ;-)