Will Toyota's troubles move you to Ford?

I've owned all kinds - and my old 1988 New Yorker was quite possibly the best car I've ever owned. Definitely for the price. Had a 3.0 liter MitsoShitty engine in it that went through 2 sets of cyl heads in 180,000km - one under warranty before I bought it and one at my cost - but was otherwise a totally satisfactory car. I've owned a lot of earlier Chryslers too - all the way from 1953 on up - and currently drive a PT Cruiser. Not a GREAT car, but dependable, and I do like it.
I've also owned Toyotas, Fords, VWs, and GMs, Peugeot, Renault - BMC/Morris, you name it.
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:55:20 -0800 (PST), mike

I agree. I won't buy from those who needed a bailout, using MY tax dollars during tough times.
I thought Ford was the one who declined federal corn?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

They were. Never let the facts get in the way of good rant.
--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on sreamin' guitars

I probably won't go back to Ford for a while. I used to buy only Ford Vans and Trucks when I need one but after hitting a string of three in a row where I bought new Ford vehicles and the air conditioning compressor went out just after the warranty expired I swore off buying Ford products.
And remember when GM went through a stretch of bad Head Bolts. I had one of those and blew the head gasket right after warranty. They wouldn't help a bit even tho it was because one of those head bolts broke. I haven't owned a GM vehicle since.
boyari2 wrote:

Nope. Honda, probably.
On 01/27/2010 08:32 PM, boyari2 wrote:

Toyota is still a good car. The defective part is made by CTS in Indiana. The other supplier in Japan does NOT have defective gas pedals. Why would you want an entire car made in America if it's like CTS parts. It was probably sabotage by American car companies to eliminate their competition. They can't stand it that Toyota is now bigger than GM.

Toyota has extended the recall to Europe and Asia.
--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.

I won't buy another Toyota. I won't forget the time I had to drive 60 miles to get their "special blend" of pink anti-freeze so I would not void the warranty. A gallon of anti-freeze cost me $20, $10 for gasoline, and 2 hours of my time. My new vehicle will be buying a vehicle from a manufacturer where I can use the traditional green-colored Prestone. I won't be buying *any* vehicle in the near future--money is tight right now.

The "traditional green prestone" is a dynasour. Hardly ANYBODY uses it any more as OEM fill.
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:44:23 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

He never had to drive 60 miles to get antifreeze that wouldn't void his warranty, either. It's available at any auto parts store or oil change shop.

Geez, where do you live? I'm in the serious boonies and there's a Toyota dealer less than 10 miles from my house. There's also at least 2 auto parts stores within that same distance, and they have anti-freeze in many colors and types (just bought some). To base a decision on a major purchase such as a vehicle on what type of cheap consumables it uses seems quite short-sighted to me.