Will this do any damage ?

An empty toilet paper roll ( cardboard ) Was flushed down the toilet. Will it disolve & not cause any problem ?

I once accidentally dropped a wrist watch into my toilet and could not fish it out.
It never caused any problems and I doubt that a toilet paper tube will cause any either.
Watch to make sure the toilet flushes OK, and if water fills up too high or goes down too slowly, a few strokes with a plunger will probably set things right again.
Don
freckles wrote:

Well, that was a waste of time. :-)
Don

Goo one.

That is one of those "It all depends." Chances are it will flush all the way to the treatment plant without any problems.

Probably, and eventually. It may cause some backups in the meantime. Best to snake it down.
desgnr wrote:

It could plug your leach field pipes but hopefully will stay behind the sludge baffles in the septic tank.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

If the paper roll is Chinese made, you should be just fine.

Paper or cardboard does not dissolve, it is cellulose. Some toilets are much better than others when it comes to solids. Flush the toilet a few times with a plumbers helper nearby. Avoid adding hot water or chemicals.
depends on the route and distance to the end. And is it septic or city sewer? It will disolve eventually, but it could catch paper and such things until it does.

Is this a haiku?
You might want to use another toilet for a week and let the cardboard get as soft as possible during that time.
You might want to get another toilet paper roll, same brand if possible, and put it in a bucket full of water, and see what happens to it every 12 or 24 hours, to judge if the first one will fall apart or at least get very floppy.

Well if he really wants to duplicate the situation he will have to find out if any #2 went down with it. If yes, then will also have to shit in the bucket.