Will the World be Taken over by Flys?

When everyone is forced to use CFL bulbs, will the world be taken over by Flys? I just love to hear them sizzle when they get behind the reflector of my trouble light with a 100W incandescent bulb. Once we replace the incandescent bulbs with CFLs they dont get hot enough to fry a fly. And if you want to say that prior to the electric light bulb, the world was not taken over, think again. Back then, light was produced with candles, kerosene lamps, and other flame. All of which would fry a fly. With nothing to fry em', they'll multiply and take over the earth. It's just a matter of time..... And while the flys consume our bodies, we will all be blaming those goddamn politicians in the Whitehouse for banning the incandescent bulb.

But there is hope. Remove your main breaker and begin using candles and kerosene lamps for light. The Amish do it, and they survive. But we cant rely on just the Amish to fry a fly. We all have to participate......

Reply to
jw

When it becomes a problem, ie enough people crying to the government to do something, there will be a new regulation requiring a bug zapper installed on every outdoor CFL. Perhaps communal gigantic bug zappers the size of a bus? Then there would be protests by PETI, People for the Ethical Treatment of Insects, consisting of naked women with their bodies painted like insects scurrying and buzzing around to show the plight of the poor cuddly bugs who have viciously electrocuted because of the hatred and intolerance of evil humans.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Maybe the hum from the last couple of cfl's I installed will repel flys?

Reply to
Frank

Do we get to electrocute the nekkid hippy chicks?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Only if the uber-religious Right Wing extremists take over the government. Of course if the uber-atheist Left Wing extremists keep control of the government, the clothing czar will issue orders for all citizens to go naked to lessen our carbon foot print. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I think I have the solution. Put about a foot of resistive toaster wire around all CFL bulbs and connect it across the power line.

(This is the ribbon wire that glows orange and heats inside a toaster)

Reply to
jw