Will the vultures be circling?

In light of the recent tragedy in Chicago...
Do you think landings and balconies should have warning signs...stating how much weight the balcony will safely hold?
I can see a lot of attorneys jumpin' in on this.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Help keep down the world population...have your partner spayed or neutered.
Another case of chlorinating the gene pool.

especially since they were put up by the landlord without a permit

Maybe in the future they should have attorneys test these porches to see what their weight limit is. Keep piling attorneys on the porch until it crashes, then set the limit accordingly.
Outcome: Safer porches and LESS attorneys! (and a better America)

--
Mike

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 07:58:22 -0700, "Charlie Spitzer"

Yeah...I heard that today on the news.
But that doesn't necessarily increase his liability in any way...just clouds the issue.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Help keep down the world population...have your partner spayed or neutered.
"Trent" wrote:

From the shots which flashed by on the TV news, it appeared like the top deck's ledger board came loose from the wall. It looked as though the installers had drilled into the masonry wall and used some kind of screw anchors to hold the ledger to the building's outside surface. I'm thinking maybe they didn't do as very good job with those fasteners.
Anyone got any better info on what let go first?
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"I before E except after C"....(The height of insufficient weird ancient