Will My Fir Insurance Cover This???

Mouse Thrown Into Fire Sets Home Ablaze

By Associated Press

January 8, 2006, 4:19 PM EST

FORT SUMNER, N.M. -- A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

begin 666 spacer.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``````````"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

begin 666 1.0.7,TID,131ak1e11q98o4&random=sqwyoa,bbNdcchescfvd M1TE&.#EA`0`!`)'_`/___P```,# P ```"'Y! $```(`+ `````!``$```(" $5 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Interesting story, but post has 2 attachments, 1 useless graphic and another that looks like it could contain a virus.

Perhaps that was HTML, something not appropriate for newsgroups.

Reply to
Harry

Don't read it then. \\ Oh, and STFU.....

Reply to
Red Neckerson

I agree.

But the larger is 104 bytes. I don't think that is big enough to be a virus. ?? The smallest either of my virus checkers has identified has been about 13,000 bytes iirc.

mm

I thought it was silly. How could a mouse on fire live long enough to do anything?

Oh, and I didn't open the files. Are they in fact viruses?

Reply to
Toller

No.

I saw the story on the news one night. Not saying that makes it true, but you never know...

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Too short. I said this already, but the post never came back to me.

Saw it on Letterman 10 minutes ago. I think it could be true. It would only take 5 seconds to get from the fire to just below the window. Not sure how it could burn down the house from there, but things happen. Does peeling paint burn? Air conditioner covers?

mm

Only if the air conditioning cover is on a Goodman!!!

(Ooops! That's a different thread...)

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Goodman!!!

Goodman advises against covering their condensors. Not so that they rust out and need replacement sooner but because the cover creates an environment favorable to critters and they might chew stuff up.

Reply to
Kathy

Dr. Hardcrab ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.SPAM.com) said... [about the mouse on fire causing a house to burn down...]

snopes.com has classified this story as "undetermined" because the homeowner has changed his story twice...

Calvin Henry-Cotnam