Will Muriatic Acid Damage Tiles?

I have about half the bathroom shower wall tiles removed for a repair job. I'm going to re-use them but need to get the old grout off. I soaked one tile in a 10% muriatic acid solution as a test and the grout came right off. The tile didn't look damaged, but will doing this cause any problems down the road. I mean will it cause adhesion problems when putting them back up. I'll be using a pre-mixed mastic.
Thanks for any tips.
workinprogress wrote:

No. Make sure the acid has been neutralized/washed off though.
--
dadiOH

Muriatic acid contains HCl, the strongest acid, and it will dissolve unglazed tile. The trick is how much to dilute it and how long to allow it to work. Rinse with plenty of water and neutralize with a clear household ammonia rinse.
workinprogress wrote:

Try plain water, then vinegar, first.

Not vinegar. you need a base not another acid.
Charlie
Thanks for the info everyone.