will it work OK?

Just noticed my wife's new deep bowl dual stainless kitchen sink is sort of "glued" up under the new granite countertop. The granite installers did it. Probably some kind of epoxy stuff. The question is whether or not this is a common approach to securing the sink, and is it OK to leave that way? May be strong, but it surprised me.

Reply to
RB

It Should also be screwed to the countertop underneath with brackets ... Call the sink Mfg co. Just glue, may break loose.

Reply to
m Ransley

If they used the right materials you will need to cut it out of there. Frankly I would be worried about getting it off.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

A related question. Drop in porcelain kitchen & bath sinks are held in place with caulk/adhesive and they seem to hold fine. Is there any difference using this stuff on porcelain vs stainless?

Enuf

Reply to
Enuf