Will I die doing this?

Page 1 of 3

Just a short note here. I constantly talk on the phone while lazing in my hot tub. The phone is NOT cordless. So am I putting myself at risk talking on the phone while in the hot tub? Thanks...Jim
Jim, 12/11/2006,8:08:42 PM, wrote:

If you constantly talk on the phone you will turn into a woman. Which would be worse?

Will you PUH - LEEEEZE warn me when you are going to do that? Do you know how difficult it is to get MGD out of a keyboard?
Steve
You will not surely die.... hisss.... hisss...... I'm a snake, you can trussssst me.... hissss........
Seriously, the phone in the tub is a crappy idea.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

What is MGD?

A buddy of mine worked for Bell Long Lines. A favorite joke was to ring thru on a line a coworker was working on. Ha Ha fun and games. Never failed to get a big reaction and a lot of profanity. Richard
badgolferman wrote:

Miller Genuine Draft
On 12 Dec 2006 05:42:36 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You SHOULD spit that out!
CWM

To each his own. I did find a Mexican beer I liked while in Mazatlan, though. Pacifico Claro, and there's a brewery right there in Mazatlan.
When I was in high school, the biology teacher passed out strips of paper. He then told everyone to put them in their mouths. About half of the people, me included, spat them out, some gagging. It tasted nasty. All the others sat there chomping on their paper, tasting nothing.
Lots of variations in taste. Look at any paint sample rack.
Steve

Was Mazatlan also the place where you lost your sense of humor?
CWM
wrote

No. My virginity. For the 34,894,344th time...........

Miller Genuine Draft.

If you do that, you will SURELY die!
Of course, if you don't do that you're gonna die too . . . 'cause we all do.
I'd only worry about an incoming call; there's higher ringing voltage then.
Or if there's a lightening strike nearby that comes down the phone line.
Otherwise, don't worry about it . . . .
--
"Trust me, there is NO way to nonchalantly conceal the fact that you have a
power tool in your head, no matter what you do." -- El Gato
Jim wrote:

Yes. There's 90V and lethal current available on the phone loop.
AZ Nomad wrote:

No its 48 volts to stay under the limit of 50 volts for working live permits etc.
Rich
Rich wrote:

At least 90v maybe over 100 at 20 cycles, It is current limited but you could still get a nasty jolt in the water. Actually if the phone is "off hook" it won't ring (line busy) and the voltage is more like 10-12v. That is all part of that current limiting stuff. You can still get 40-50ma on a phone line and that is 10 times what they consider safe.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Although I have heard and spouted about currents around 5 mA having a slight chance of electrocution, it is easier to cite 100-1,000 mA as the "deadly range" (most-deadly range), and the body count from 30 mA neon sign transformers might not need to resort to using toes.
So I say beware of disinformation, misinformation, insufficient information (like how slowly probability of electrocution decreases as current decreases below 100 mA), etc!
========================= One day over 20 years ago a friend of mine was stripping a wire in his phone line with his teeth. He managed to make contact - at the same time I was calling him! Big jolt! I somewhat remember him saying that he fell down on his butt and maybe saw stars!
061211 2158 - CJT posted:

I thought it was 70.7 volts...