Will drywall hold

Page 2 of 2
BobK207 wrote:

One doesn't - can't - remove them if they have been used properly. All that is necessary is a swipe of spackle or DW compound over the slightly sunken collar/flange.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

So you're telling me I can't use a little hole saw and drill around the head so it will fall into the wall? :-)
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Easier to just punch it through...but neither way *removes* it.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

It removes it from the drywall. :-)

If you use molly bolts or toggle bolts you'll be fine.
http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/inffastener/infanchor/infanchor.html

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I wanted to check first.

oak
on
I would use the "Threaded Drywall Anchors" or the "Threaded Drywall Toggles" from the above link.
I have never had one come out...
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:28:04 -0700, "Eigenvector"

Try using a French cleat (old thread I've read).
Building a French Cleat Simple, Strong and Cheap
http://www.newwoodworker.com/frenchcleat.html
-- Oren

Hmm, that's an idea. May be able to incorporate it into the design too. That would also eliminate the need to put a hole in my nice oak boards too!
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:03:46 -0700, "Eigenvector"

Enlarge the pictures for the cabinet back
The cleat only needs two holes (1/4 X 3 1/2") lag bolts. And you can move it with "minimal damage".
That site limits the cleat to 36".. bottom of page... -- Oren
"I didnt say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."