Will decomposed granite hold up to wheeled garbage can traffic?

Page 2 of 2

What I've seen of those bins, UGLY. Glad I don't have them in my neighborhood.
Greg

Snicker. I have yet to see a garbage container I consider to be attractive. I grew up with those steel cans from Wheeling PA. After a month of use they were all dented and banged up but everyone kept using them for years and years.
At least these bins have wheels and are replaced at no cost when they become damaged.

I grew up with the steel cans in Queens, NYC. It seemed that the newer they were, the harder the sanitation workers banged them on the back of the truck when emptying them.
They also never put the lids back on or even used the smallest amount of effort to stand them upright after they were empty. On trash day, the cans and lids were strewn all over the sidewalk for the entire block. On windy days they would roll out into the street or down into the driveways towards the garages that were under our houses. Sometimes you were lucky and your can ended up in your driveway, but most often you had to go searching for it.
I now have a large rolling bin from my sanitation company. It sits neatly in the corner of my garage until trash day when I roll it to the street. I keep it clean so there is never any odor. Some of my neighbors spend a lot of money on landscaping and lighting, then leave the big green bin in front of their garage for all to see.
As long as I can keep mine in the garage, hidden from view, I'm a happy camper.

Well, I don't live in the slums so we put the bins in the garage and only take them out on holidays, like garbage day.
On Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:29:10 AM UTC-8, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

75 lbs. in one can - admittedly a worst-case scenario, but 40-50 lbs is common.
Google does mention heavy duty uses.

Google mentions heavy duty uses or sites found by Google mention heavy duty uses?
A lot dends upon the size of the property the OP has, with a couple of acres he could do 75 pounds a month easily
On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:53:24 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

Or a lot of palm trees and a wife that loves to garden.