Will Apple sue God next?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/262202/apple_vs_a_pl_tech_company_sues_online_polish_grocer_over_logo.html
It looks like Apple is feeling bullish after its recent patent win over Samsung. Polish news site Telepolis reports that the Cupertino-based tech company has set its lawsuit-happy sights on another company over trademark issues. Only this time it's not a global tech company that happens to make an iPhone-like smartphone--it's an online Polish grocery site called A.pl.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Crap like this reinforces why I don't own any Apple products. But I do go to some Polish grocery stores.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hecho en China wrote:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/262202/apple_vs_a_pl_tech_company_sues_online_polish_grocer_over_logo.html
This is a fairly common technique by rascally companies.
In 2008, Monster Cable sent a letter to Blue Jeans Cable claiming infringement of intellectual property and demanding royalties. Blue Jeans Cable's response to Monster Cable's lawyers, while long, is a hoot.
(Monster made the mistake of trying to intimidate a reformed lawyer.)
Money quote:
"I say this because my observation has been that Monster Cable typically operates in a hit-and-run fashion. Your client threatens litigation, expecting the victim to panic and plead for mercy; and what follows is a quickie negotiation session that ends with payment and a licensing agreement. Your client then uses this collection of licensing agreements to convince others under similar threat to accede to its demands. Let me be clear about this: there are only two ways for you to get anything out of me. You will either need to (1) convince me that I have infringed, or (2) obtain a final judgment to that effect from a court of competent jurisdiction. It may be that my inability to see the pragmatic value of settling frivolous claims is a deep character flaw, and I am sure a few of the insurance carriers for whom I have done work have seen it that way; but it is how I have done business for the last quarter-century and you are not going to change my mind. If you sue me, the case will go to judgment, and I will hold the court's attention upon the merits of your claims--or, to speak more precisely, the absence of merit from your claims--from start to finish. Not only am I unintimidated by litigation; I sometimes rather miss it."
As I said, the response to Monster's demand letter is lengthy, but it's really fun to see a bully get his comeuppance.
http://www.bluejeanscable.com/legal/mcp/response041408.pdf
(Monster Cable once threatened to sue a day-care center whose name was "Monster Day Care" for infringement of intellectual property!)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hecho en China wrote the following on 9/17/2012 5:29 AM (ET):

http://www.pcworld.com/article/262202/apple_vs_a_pl_tech_company_sues_online_polish_grocer_over_logo.html

Maybe NYC ("The Big Apple") should sue Apple.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY