Wife's car

The car has front suspension damage , probably bent the upper strut mount on the right side . Right wheel is pointed off into the weeds when the left is straight . I drove it about 1.5 miles from the scene to our place , left a definite drag mark - and coming down the still-icy gravel road was interesting , to say the least , as each wheel took turns trying to steer the car .

Reply to
Snag

I was joshing. I meant when the wheels were up and the car was sitting on its roof.

One of the two times I lent my car, the 18-year old ran a stop sign (in a school zone, though at least it was summer time) and was hit broadside. After the gas station pulled away the fender, I would drive but it steered to one side. No other suspension damage did the gas station or Sears comment on but Sears told me the frame was bent ('65 convertibles probably have weak frames.) and I had heard frames could not really be straightened. I asked him to align the wheels as good as he could and I promised not to complain. He took out all the shims in one place, and maybe added one or two somewhere else. The car drove straight ahead for years, though one tire kept wearing out. I'm cautious on snow and water and I never noticed a problem. I think I was right about the frame, which I did not have straightene, because for a while the top was very hard to latch, then it was easy, then it was very hard again, I think because the frame kpt changing.

Reply to
micky

is your wife ok?

Reply to