Widest possible gate?

Page 2 of 4

OK. What sources do you lean toward trusting for info about chemical hazards?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

MSDS #1

You're too busy to be serious, so you're being silly. Have a nice day.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote: ...

As my previous response indicated, there essentially is no such thing. Research continues to update information often w/ conflicting results from previous owing to enumerable differences in what was studied, in what environment, under what null hypothesis the analysis was conducted, etc., etc., etc., ...
MSDS are the basic information required to (reasonably) safely handle the product in question based on information available.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Are you referring to the course most of us took in high school? If that's what you mean, then that's far from sufficient.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Well, of course there's Fox News.
Then there's, er, um, hold on, it'll come to me. Oh, yeah, several talk-radio commentators. There.
I'm sure there must be others...
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

Dunno, but they remind us here pretty often that the rainwater runoff goes right into the rivers here. How safe it is to eat the fish, depends on how much you trust your neighbors habits.
I recon at the most, I am doing no harm with my vinegar habits.

How safe it is to eat the fish is easily determined by checking your state's fishing regulation web site, which will probably contain warnings about certain fish, and will name the contaminants involved.
Salty will now say the contaminants came from outer space, and that dioxin is a naturally occurring vitamin.

You certainly know how to reinforce the notion held by many that you are an idiot, Kanter.

You're not exactly a fountain of wisdom at the moment.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

So, you have implicit faith in the government, eh?

The "authorities" have been wrong before. In banning DDT, millions were condemned to an early death. By banning silicone breast implants, millions were deprived of joy in their life. Sometimes the self-appointed (or Clinton-appointed) "experts" can be wrong.

You never saw me make any such claim.

Remember always that your reputation for saying stupid things is legendary in this newsgroup.

.. says the pot to the kettle. ROTFLMAO!!

Or, perhaps knows something you don't because your superstitions prevent you from learning anything that doesn't jibe with your religion.
.

Some of us organic garden for fun. No reason to call us bad names because of it.

I didn't call you any names, compost for brains.
You obviously don't understand how roundup works, and how basically non toxic it is. Hell i use it between the rows of my garden.

Steve Barker DLT wrote:

Not only. Genetically engineered seeds are marketed as "Roundup Ready" meaning the resulting plants are immune to the effects of Roundup. Farmers can use these seeds and lather the fields with Roundup without their crops being affected.
"No-till soybeans grown in narrow rows add $16 per acre more to a grower's bottom line than conventional soybeans.... On a 1,000 acre farm, no-till can save as much as 450 hours of time and 3,500 gallons of diesel fuel each year. That's 11, 40-hour weeks in time savings and $11,000 less for diesel at $3.20 per gallon"
So, the next time you buy soybeans at the market, you can thank "No-till" genetic modification for their relative low price. (Similar savings are available for sugar beets, corn, cotton, and a few other things you'll find at the market.)

Sadly (but not unexpectedly), you are missing some vital information about how the Roundup panacea is beginning to unravel. Consult some news sources aimed at sober grownups.