Why You Ought to Shop at Lowe's

Why You Ought to Shop at Lowe's Since Home Depot threw itself whole-heartedly behind the homosexual agenda, repeatedly promoting it to children, I have come to think of Lowe's as the countermoonbat home improvement store. Looks like the Obama Regime has reached the same conclusion:

The Department of Justice and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) [recently] announced a settlement with Lowe's Home Centers that includes a $500,000 fine. The actions resulted from violations of the federal Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP) Rule, designed to minimize exposure to harmful lead dust from home renovation activities.

The monetary penalty is the largest ever issued for violations of these requirements.

The cost of falling afoul of the federal government will go further:

Under the terms of the settlement, Lowe's must ensure that its contractors comply with the RRP Rule during renovations of any child-occupied facilities, such as day-care centers and pre-schools, and any pre-1978 housing. Only EPA-certified renovators may be used and Lowe's must ensure they maintain certification and use lead safe work practices checklists during renovations. Additionally, Lowe's must suspend those found to be out of compliance with the rule, investigate all reports of potential noncompliance, and ensure that any violations are corrected.

Expect prices at Lowe's to necessarily rise to cover all the costly red tape.

Incredibly, our rulers link even this story to their demented race-based ideology:

The RRP Rule implements the federal Toxic Substances Control Act. Its purpose is to ensure that owners and occupants of housing built before

1978, as well as any child-occupied facilities, are notified about lead-based paint hazards before renovations begin, that only trained and EPA certified individuals are used who also follow specific work practices to reduce the potential for lead-based paint exposure. According to EPA at the media conference, exposure to lead has been shown to affect more black and Latino minorities than others, thus raising serious Environmental Justice issues as well.

If global warming is racist, why not paint?

Maybe this is just lead paint hysteria taken to a new extreme. But why pick on Lowe's in particular? Here's a clue: In 2014, Lowe's PAC contributions went 83% to Republicans, 16% to Democrats.

Evidently Gibson Guitars felt the wrath of the Community Organizer in Chief for similar reasons. It cost them $350,000.

In the kind of country this has been fundamentally transformed into, making political contributions primarily to Democrats is a cost of doing business. The mafia, being relatively honest compared to Democrats, would call it protection money.

Give Lowe's your business. With the Feds against them, they are going to need it.

Reply to
BurfordTJustice

[...]

Because I own stock in the company.

Reply to
badgolferman

I think the blue versus orange makes a difference too.

The hospitality of the store and it people makes a difference too. My wife prefers Lowe's.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I've got the same situation. If I'm walking from work during lunch, I don't have to cross a busy street to get to Lowes.

I don't know if Lowes does it also, but a couple of weeks ago I was looking for a toilet flapper valve. I googled it to see if I was going to get into a problem with a bunch of sizes and styles but they still seem to be universal. There was a HomeDepot link that informed me they did indeed have Korby flappers and they were in Aisle 16, Bin 5. Sold! I prefer to get my exercise outside, not prowling around acres of stuff looking for what I want or at least a clerk.

For many things, though, Ace Hardware is my first stop. I know the layout better and there are plenty of clerks floating around to ask if I can't find something. More importantly, Ace is a locally owned independent store, not a faceless corporate entitiy. They're not a lumberyard and don't have the vast selection but 90% of the time they have what I want.

Reply to
rbowman

Yep, same here; my local ACE is a locally owned store that beats out ANY other big box store for both service and inventory, and they have a very large outdoor lumberyard that dwarfs anything that orange or blue can provide.

In a pinch I will stop by Home Despot for some items, due to it being closer and more convenient, but I will never again step foot in a l*wes.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

The last time I looked up something online at HD, I was assured they had the precise item I wanted. When I got there, I went to where they should have been, and a similar, but different branded, item was there in just the quantity the web site had led me to believe related to the item I wanted. I tracked down a clerk, who begrudgingly looked it up on his computer, took me to the item I had found, and said, "Here it is!" When I pointed out to him that it was a different brand, with different specifications, he said "they're the same thing," and went on break. So I guess YMMV.

Reply to
cjt

If you move a few hundred miles away and try the same stores, chances are you'll change your mind and pick another as the top store. They vary considerably at times in service, cleanliness, etc.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

When Canadian Tire puts on a sale, you can't beat them. Usually pretty decent quality stuff too. As for Rona, most of the Ronas around here are independent businesses who are part of the Rona buying group. One is a fence and deck company

- if you want fence and deck stuff, they are THE place to go. But forget about getting electrical, plumbing, or other stuff.

Reply to
clare

Local supply houses are usually cheaper in price, higher on quality and greater selection if you want something other than mass market items.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I live in an isolated community , the nearest town is pop

2700 or so ... we have no wholesale suppliers , the local tradesmen all buy at the same places I do .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Same here. Ace is much better. I needed a U-bolt with square corners and HD and Lowes didn't have even one. Ace had 10 sizes!!

I needed a long #1 (I think it was 1) Philips screwdriver, and HD didn't have one. Ace had two brands.

My problem is that the nearest Ace is about 10 miles away and HD a little over a mile.

As to the webpage giving the aisle and bin, boy, nothing like that happens for the stores in Baltimore. One is lucky if the online listing match the store stuff at all. It's been that way for over 10 years, and the Lowes webpage is bad too. Mr. Bowman, where do ou live.

Reply to
micky

I like Canadian Tire for tires, but their rubber tools bend when I use them.

Reply to
micky

We were in Lowes and saw a lamp we liked. =We needed two, but only one was in the store. Couple of days later, I looked on the Lowes web page and it said the store had four of them. Sure enough, way up on the rack there was three more so we were able to get what we wanted. From our sight level in the store, never would have seen them.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

However close to my shop there are two electrical wholesalers, one will rob you blind and the other has great prices.

Reply to
PV