Why won't this light turn on?

Page 2 of 2

A relative once thought I got interested in electricity after putting a finger in a live light socket. Actually that felt like a few hundred ants crawling around UNDER the skin.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I've replaced light switches with the power on, but only in simple setups (no wires in the box except those TWO). I even touched the hot wire once, and didn't feel anything. Just don't touch anything else conductive at the same time.