Why wait 24 hours after turning an ice cream maker on its side?

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 29 May 2013 10:59:44 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Yes. I agree.
In summary, that's the end result.
Thanks.
On 5/29/2013 12:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

There were competent, literate, intelligent people called technical writers at one time if I remember correctly who would review and proofread all documentation a company supplied to its customers but I supposed they went away with all the other competent, literate, intelligent people who were once common in the workforce. o_O
TDD

Lesson to be learned.....
strawberry ice cream & chocolate mousse for breakfast contributes to and helps maintain "a bit of gut".... :)
On Thu, 30 May 2013 00:10:35 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:

:)

I have the a similar thing. It does take about 24 hours for it to really freeze through. I've tried it after 8 hours and it did not work as well. Not sure what is inside the bowl, but some sort of liquid. I store it in the freezer all the time so it is always ready.
I wonder if the instructions are "universal" and applies to self contained refrigerated units?
On 5/28/2013 4:11 PM, Danny D wrote:

I'd just throw that away, and get a proper White Mountain Ice Cream Freezer and do it properly.
--
Steve Barker

What exactly is "improper" about the machine Danny has? Other than using a newer method to get the cold temps required, it's the same method of making ice cream, no?

-snip-

BS--- I wouldn't own a White mountain just because they don't make a 2qt model. [and they cost 3-4 times what that Cuisinart cost]
I'd consider a 2qt electric- but the dumbest idea in the world would be a 6 quart hand cranked model that might get used once a year--- Vs my 2 qt Kitchenaid attachment [other than the motor, the same idea as that Cuisinart] which makes 10-20 batches of fine ice deserts a year with damn little effort, less mess, and arguably more control.
Jim