why? two stage over single stage heat

I'm trying to get some feedback from both installers and consumers regarding the true benefits if any to two stage furnaces. If they run 40% longer at less gas consumption that's fine, but now i'm using 40% more electricity running the blower for these longer periods..correct? does the more even heating (longer cycles) yield a lower thermostat setting since it is suppose to provide a more consistent temp. from room to room? (this does not refer to variable speed ECM units, I got enough to decide) Thanks to all ..

Reply to
Dano

Im a consumer, no pro, but here is what I have experienced. I removed a

110000 btu relic and put in a 2 stage 2 speed 75000 - 51000 lennox, with A.C. motor, the lower btu heats more evenly, not as fast. I was oversized before, to much heat to fast. But I never use high fire unless I have been away, and the house is cold. Mine just got totaled in a flood , so now I am looking into a variable speed DC motor which consumes 66 to 75% less elec. DC motors I hear dont last as long, I am looking at a carrier and getting a 10 yr warranty , The DC variable speed is suposed to up your air seer value by half of a full point or a full point, and remove more moisture in summer.Electric cost is a concern for me ,Check out the DC motors. I understand GE makes them for all brands and have recently redesigned them adressing the reliabilty issues, but the PROs will take it from here
Reply to
mark Ransley