Why there will be no XL pipeline: Warren Buffett

# # Who wrote that? One of your tea leafs? #

Didn't you actually READ the article ? The answers to your question would have been obvious had you done so.

# Capitalists got greedy, short termism ran riot. # GM had to turn to the taxpayer to bail them out. # Capitalism failed.

You're confused again It was the UNIONS that got greedy

But then you're so stupid you can't even read a cite that proves you wrong.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

So, that is about the going rate? Not dissimilar to over here. I do virtually all my own repairs. The computer, I take to a shop, the man/geek is very reasonable.

Reply to
harry

Well, the unions may or may not have destroyed a company. The banksters destroyed the world.

Reply to
harry

Now that IS ridiculous.

Reply to
harry

I see you read "Boeings Claims" But snipped the next bit. I wonder why? Quote On the other side, Airbus' advertising claims the A380 to have 8% less fuel consumption per passenger than the 747-8I and emphasises the longer range of the A380 while using up to 17% shorter runways.[5] In order to counter the perceived strength of the 747-8I, from 2012 Airbus will offer, as an option, improved maximum take-off weight allowing for better payload/range performance. Unquote.

Reply to
harry
.
.

It was capitalists and banksters destroyed the economy. And now have their begging bowls out and their hands in the taxpayer's pocket. Most of all the credit rating agencies.

Reply to
harry

It's just bullshit. Propaganda. I was a semi-skilled UAW worker for about 9 years. Mostly running heavy presses, heavy shears, and

8-torch cutting machines. IH Tractor Works (bulldozers) in Chicago and Melrose Park, IL. My jobs always paid "premium" wages compared to about 90% of the jobs there. Only skilled trades guys made more, and not a lot more. Most I made was about 6 bucks an hour, while others were doing 4.5 to 5.5 an hour. All wages were known. No secrets. About 1971 we struck for a week. I read in the Chicago Tribune the average worker is making 28 an hour with benefits. Complete and total bullshit. So unless the writer quotes a contract showing wages and company contributions towards benefits, and does correct math, I don't believe any of it. Does the "wage" figure include SS taxes, workers comp, unemployment insurance? Those aren't wages. They're company expenses. How many actual company expenses are jammed in to inflate the wage number? Does the "wage and benefits" number account for pension underfunding? Will the pension even be there at retirement? Are the CEO's gold shower curtains worked into the hourly wage number? You get the picture.
Reply to
Vic Smith

I worked with guys who thought like you. Never could make them understand they were all wrong to turn down overtime because of taxes. Didn't try hard. I got their overtime.

Reply to
Vic Smith

It was capitalists and banksters destroyed the economy.

Sure harry Now go take your meds.

You are a most amusing source of inane stupidities.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Except that what he stated about the total costs of union workers in Detroit had nothing to do with taxes or what you're talking about. He's simply saying that the union auto workers had pay, benefits, vacations, pensions, etc that put the total cost to the company at over $70 an hour. Their non-union rivals had costs that were closer to $40 an hour. That has nothing to do with some dummy turning down overtime because of taxes.

Reply to
trader4

Hey dipshit, howya doing? And why the f*ck are you talking about bullshit I never addressed in this post? Because you're a dipshit? I was addressing the overtime vs taxes issue. Clear as day. Only a dipshit like you can't see that. But I have a solution to what ails you. Go f*ck yourself.

Reply to
Vic Smith

It's clear that what you brought up, rejecting working overtime because some dummies think it's not worth it because of allegedly higher taxes, isn't what DD was talking about. He was talking about Detroit labor costs at $70+ an hour killking the auto companies. And no amount of vulgarity is going to change that. I'd say that puts you in with the dummies, dummy.

Reply to
trader4

Water runs downhill even here. :-) I don't think erosion would be any worse after the installation than before. We have several pipelines nearby. I think one farmer told me the pipeline company reburied some on his farm. Erosion might be worse immediately after the pipe is buried if the pipeline crews don't tamp the soil. It would stabilize over time, I think. There is a lot of pipe buried for irrigation. It's normally about 8" diameter and buried 5' deep. That isn't normally tamped. I can't say I've noticed or heard of extra erosion in those spots. I go for years at a time without going to a particular field though and looking at the field layout isn't on my mind. We have had some underground wire hit by farm equipment after several year's erosion. That was signal wire that was buried about 30" deep. It doesn't happen often but the possibility is still there. Farmers don't generally work the soil more than about six inches deep in this area.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I never stated that I turned down overtime. When I've worked for someone and was asked to go the extra mile I always did it unless the employer was a total hoser. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It was the bankster's union that did it Harry! ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Well, maybe you can hurt him just a little bit. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Interesting. What you say sounds like truth to me. It amazes me how any middle class American can vote republican. I expect they suck up all the propaganda/FoxNews. The ones here seem to.

Reply to
harry

When he's on a loser, he moves the goal posts.

Reply to
harry

LOL.

Reply to
harry

Of course it would sound like the truth to you, because you're the village idiot as has been demonstrated over and over again.

Reply to
trader4