Why so many "my neighbor sucks" posts lately?

...and not just here; they're showing up in the garden groups too.
Best regards, Bob
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
zxcvbob wrote:

Because it's warmer weather, things are growing and need tending (whether they get the attention or not is another story), people are outside more and the heat makes people irritable.
R
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Certain crime rates go up when the temperature goes up too. People sit outside, get drunk start fight, beat up and kill each other.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
RicodJour wrote in message

I believe that. It's 100 degrees where I am right now, and neighbors and their kids are testy at the moment and yelling at each other. Personally, I'm hiding in the house, with the air conditioning on. :-)
Cheri
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It's because so many neighbors really do suck. Well, not literally, because if that was the case, a lot of people wouldn't even bother to write in about it, and the rest would be busy doing the deed.
Steve
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

oh, boy...another neighbor thread.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Stephen King wrote:

Touch :-)
Bob
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
zxcvbob wrote:

Because most people don't live near me. If everyone lived near me they would be posting "My neighbor is the greatest neighbor ever..."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

It's because we live in America in the Nazi Bush era. The government is communistic and they are doing a great job of teaching all of us to hate, in order to prepare us all for their next world war which they will start before the election this November. But the good thing about all of this is that all of our neighbors will be nuked in this war, and so will we. The only survivors will be the Bush and Cheney families because they will leave the planet on one of the NASA space ships.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:26:52 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@fuckbush.com wrote:

I don't like Bush either, but he is NOTHING like a nazi. Read up about nazis and you'll see the enormous, double enormous difference. If you make too strong a claim, you discredit yourself off the bat.
Aspects like ignoring the laws passed by Congress (and with many laws the administration has issued "Signing Statements" in which they say that when they don't want to, they won't obey the law.) are probably fascist (that is, there are no limits to the power of the state, or in this case the Executive), but they still haven't and won't reach the level of Franco or Mussolini. The outstanding aspect of the nazis is not that they were fascist, but that they were mass murderers of socialists, intellectuals, Gypsies, the physcially and/or mentally disabled, homosexuals, trade unionists, and mostly Jews.
Franco did none of that stuff, and Bush has done none of it. Mussolini, when visited and prodded by eichman to deport Jews to be murdered, agreed to do it, and instructed his army to do it, but aiui his generals found ways to put obstacles in the way, such as requiring a census of all Jews before any were deported, and spending over a year on the census, and they never did deport any, I believe. Only after the Italians surrendered to the Allies (all or mostly the USA) did Germans take over what Italy still controlled, parts of Italy and much or all of what had been occupied by Italy, and at that time, the Germans start deportations.
So recognize the difference and don't make nonsense comparisons, and you won't look ignorant or foolish, and people may read what you say, at least when it's relevant.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Then there are those who will hijack a neighbor thread and turn it into a political rant. Thats kinda like being a bad neighbor
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
PipeDown wrote in message

LOL, how true.
Cheri
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@fuckbush.com: (AKA, Carl Rove, Agent Provocateur) wrote: > It's because we live in America in the Nazi Bush era. The government > is communistic
Yeah, those darn Nazi-Commies. Gay-Nazi-Commies. Those Muslim-Gay-Nazi-Commie-Jew-Atheist-Negroes.
Darn them to heck.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
zxcvbob, 6/20/2006,7:26:37 PM, wrote:

As a starter of one of those threads I would like to opine on this also.
It seems we have lost our abilities to communicate with each other these days. Americans spend more time watching TV, playing computer games, surfing the Internet for smut, talking on cell phones, posting to Usenet, installing privacy fences, and basically putting some sort of device in between direct contact with other individuals. When faced with the position of actually having to make direct contact in resolving differences we become tongue-tied or frustrated at our inability to either make ourselves understood or manipulate the other person into what we want them to be. In other words, we have lost our ability to socialize with others and that has made our worlds so much smaller. We tend to react to others stepping on our toes way too quickly rather than dealing with it in a thoughtful, mature way.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Because State Farm isn't there.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.