Why should we help the Honey Bee Survive?

Page 2 of 3
On Wed, 23 May 2012 13:57:43 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Which regulations are you planning to get rid of? The way I see it, all the regulations were put in place because of previous abuses. Now, it is certainly possible that there are regulations that don't make sense, and I'd certainly want to get rid of those. But which ones, be specific, are problematic for you?

I DONTknowwhat the answer is:( perhaps require anyone selling stuff to the US to meet our health and safety standards?
or our country will be a gutted shell of its former self.... and unable to care for itself in time of disaster or war..
its 2020 and we now produce just 10% of the food we eat, today its under 50%:(
something bad happens to transportation and our country starves.......
such are the risks of depending on others for near everything
On Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:36:37 AM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:

We let the railroads die in favor of wasting oil and ruining our roads with semi rigs. Shame on us!

Nonsense.
On Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:18:45 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Heady response...for you!

When that's all you post, that's all there is to say.

*EVERYTHING* from the last three years, anyway. Add half of all the rest and we've just started.

Good grief. Start with OSHA, EPA, and Education.
On Thu, 24 May 2012 14:18:09 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

So protecting people from corporate abuses isn't necessary anymore? Corporations are amoral, if they can make a profit, they do it. If that involves polluting water, or air, or anything else, sure, no problem. Destroy an irreplaceable Indonesian rain forest so they can make a bit more money on napkins, fine.
Corporations aren't even "American" anymore, they're multinational. So if they can make a profit for their 1% owners by screwing Americans, sure.
Come on krw, what regulations has OSHA, or EPA put in place that are unnecessary?
I agree with you on DoE. I think we do need DoE, but this whole shift to Teaching To The Test is going to produce a crop of kids who know how to take a test.
On 5/29/2012 8:44 AM, dgk wrote:

Corporations are considered a legal entity but are run by people. Some folks have a moral compass and some don't. It is really unfair to use a wide brush as you have and the same goes for the "dittoheads" who somehow imagine no regulations are required because if given the chance everyone will be fair and honest.
Since man has been on the earth we have recognized that some folks do not have a moral compass. So we devised rules to temper that.
I doubt any dittohead would happily have an IV inserted into their arm that was connected to a bag of drugs produced by a totally unregulated and unverified source or get on an airplane where the operator was not required to maintain certain standards for equipment and pilots.

You do know that not every corporation is a big evil multinational thing right?

Sure, most corporations are small, even indivdually owned. Generally when someone rants about corporate misbehavior, we aren't referring to them. We're referring to Monsanto, GE, and so on. But, since a main consideration of forming a corporation is to shield yourself from personal liability, well, what does that say? To me it says that you may do things that you don't want to be held personally responsible for.
Did you know that originally in the USA, the corporate charter required a company to be socially responsible and only to exist for a limited time for a specific reason? A certain state decided that they could make a lot of money by getting rid of those requirements and just chartering any coporation as long as they paid Delaware a fee. Oh, damn, I gave it away. That's why the big banks and insurance companies are chartered in Delaware. No need to play nice.
And, it just seems that most large corporations get greedy. A good profit is never enough, it always has to grow and grow. If that means cutting corners and ruining the earth, that's what happens.
Our government is the only thing that can hold the power of corporations in check.

Actually, competition and consumer behaviour has an equal or greater power over corporations.
And, it just seems that most large corporations get greedy. A good profit is never enough, it always has to grow and grow. If that means cutting corners and ruining the earth, that's what happens.
Our government is the only thing that can hold the power of corporations in check.
On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:03:11 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Competition? What if you are screwed "legally" by your competitor? And then there's corporate spying!
What if your food is poisoned? And then there's food poisoning! You simply MUST stop eating! FOREVER!
Competition? What if you are screwed "legally" by your competitor? And then there's corporate spying!
On Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:26:04 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You should seriously look for psychiatric help!
You should seriously google "scarcasm".
On Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:26:04 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You should seriously look for psychiatric help!
On Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:36:49 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Google "pointless" and see yourself.
I'll put that on my rolodex, for April 01, 2029. Would that be suitable?
On Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:36:49 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Google "pointless" and see yourself.
Still can't post like a normal person?

The drugs.

You're not

sharing.
A large chemical company will just pump their waste into the ground or nearest river. I've seen it.
The only entity that can stop or control it is the government. Consumers have no idea what's going on at the factory and the competitors won't know either but they may be doing the same thing.
Take your choice, do you want cheap cornflakes laced with mercury or reasonably priced foods that nourish.
Don't like people living off the government? Create more jobs. Like inspectors and waste re-processors.
Before you start name calling, I'm not suggesting radical change, just direction.
As far as the original Honey Bee subject, it was way to stupid to comment on. If something is harming honey bees, we need to know about it. They're critical to our food sources and economy.
One poster even suggested bee keepers pay for the research. Wow, when the delusion takes over, it goes all the way.
--
Dan Espen

2> The government has protected us right out of jobs 3> The government is continuing #2>Corporations are amoral, if they can make a profit, they do it.
So don't buy their stuff. They will soon learn otherwise. You can't do that with government.

Cry me a river.

They aren't because the government has chased them away.

99% of them.

More bullshit. The problem is that it isn't (the federal) government's. Government == Spend more, get less.
I'd start with getting rid of the ADA, Americans with Disabilities Act. Neal Boortz was going on, today (May 24, 2012) about the city where the ADA folks wanted every public transit bus to be wheelchair accessable. So, they discontinued the busses. Places with swimming pools need a permanant handicap lift crane, though no one has ever asked to be craned in the five or so years the crane has been there.
And, the list goes on.