Why not nails?

A friend was talking to my wife and said "I wouldn't install those deck boards with a nail gun, I'd use screws instead".

The wife didn't think to ask why not so I will. Why not?

Reply to
JC

on 5/21/2008 9:48 AM JC said the following:

Cause screws hold better than nails?????

Reply to
willshak

Because screws make anal type people much happier.

Reply to
Mike

"JC" wrote in news:xKVYj.792436$ snipped-for-privacy@fe02.news.easynews.com:

deck boards move due to outdoor moisture and temperature changes and the nails pop out. Screws will not pop out.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

innews:xKVYj.792436$ snipped-for-privacy@fe02.news.easynews.com:

My screws are slowing backing themselves out. Some move almost 1/4- inch/year.

Freaky.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

innews:xKVYj.792436$ snipped-for-privacy@fe02.news.easynews.com:

It is caused by the rotation of the earth. :-)

Reply to
IGot2P

do they drive themselves in in australia?

Reply to
charlie

on 5/21/2008 4:05 PM charlie said the following:

No, in Australia, it's lefty-tighty, righty-loosey.

Reply to
willshak

IGot2P wrote in news:g11mjs$5mj$ snipped-for-privacy@news.netins.net:

this from someone who won't put their own name to a post.....

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Aussie screws use a left handed thread.

Reply to