Why not nails?

A friend was talking to my wife and said "I wouldn't install those deck boards with a nail gun, I'd use screws instead".
The wife didn't think to ask why not so I will. Why not?
--
I\'m JC and I approved this message.

on 5/21/2008 9:48 AM JC said the following:

Cause screws hold better than nails?????
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

deck boards move due to outdoor moisture and temperature changes and the nails pop out. Screws will not pop out.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

My screws are slowing backing themselves out. Some move almost 1/4- inch/year.
Freaky.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
in

It is caused by the rotation of the earth. :-)

do they drive themselves in in australia?
on 5/21/2008 4:05 PM charlie said the following:

No, in Australia, it's lefty-tighty, righty-loosey.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

this from someone who won't put their own name to a post.....

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik