why limit number of circuits

Page 2 of 2

*I'd like to know all of the facts. What were you planning to feed out of this 30 amp sub-panel?

related article will shed some perspective on this, this i just found at: http://www.selfhelpandmore.com/home-wiring-usa/definitions-calculations/definition-existing-panel-2002.php

Sometimes a separate circuit is recommended for various reasons. House fan, freezer, hot tub, theater room, water heater, lighting, etc. Never heard of a 4-circuit limitation, sounds rather "limited," but my guess is the 10# wire and its length to main.