Why is there a Title for a Trailer House?

Page 3 of 3

It must have been your use of the words "no matter where/no matter what" that confused me. ;-)
On 10/4/2013 9:49 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

By that I meant little likelihood of getting let off just because were close to home or the like as the story was responding to related...the leeway generally just isn't given here on trailers on account of there have been so many bad incidents that have happened in the past it's a real point of enforcement.

This brings to mind what happened to me when I was 18 years old. I had a learners permit to drive. Not an actual license yet. My father would take me out to teach me to drive, but he could be really difficult to drive with since he seemed to be a nervous wreck the whole time.
A friend of mine was selling his car, and I spoke to him about it. He said that I should take it for a test drive. I told him that he would need to come along since I needed a licensed driver in the car. He did, and I bought the car, with the agreement that he would come along with me a few more times to drive. This all worked out fine.
A few months later I was driving, with another licensed friend in the car, when my car quit running. That guy went and got his car, put a chain on my car, and was pulling my car to a mechanic. I was steering my car while he pulled it. We got pulled over by the police. The cop asked for my license and I gave him my learners permit. He told me that since I did not have a licensed driver in my car, he had to give me a ticket. I explained to him that my "instructor" was the guy who was towing me, and since my car broke down, he was teaching me how to tow a car. The cop said that I really needed another licensed person in my car, but said that this was an unusual circumstance and that I needed to speak with the city attorney, who would decided if I should be ticketed or not.
The city attorney looked at the paperwork and said "this is the first time I've seen this sort of thing". Then he said "I'm really not sure if this is a violation of the law or not, since it's unusual". He then asked me if I could get my license in the next two weeks. I told him that I could do that. He told me to get my license, and call him when I did, with the license number, and then he would drop the whole thing. I got my license and it was dropped.

Never mind my previous post. You were actually answering his question, which is also in the subject line. I was back at the practical issues, which he actually didn't ask about.