Why Insulation in Inside Wall?

Page 3 of 3

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:15:35 -0700 (PDT), RickH
in

Egg cartons were often used in recording studios in the 1950's. The walls would get covered with them to kill echos without making the room completely "dead"
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote in

Guess a bunch of old wive's were running the studio! :-)
On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:16:07 -0500, jim evans wrote:

I hung drywall in about 25-30 new homes last year. All of them had insulation in the inside walls in the bathrooms and the laundry rooms. Noise reduction.

Noise reduction.
My previous home had insulation in every interior wall and was MUCH quieter than my current home with no interior wall insulation.

Noise reduction.

If you have any pipes in that wall, be thankful the builder put the insulation there otherwise everytime someone flushed or ran the water you'd hear it loudly in the adjoining room.
jim evans wrote:

Hi, That insulation is good thing. To me more important than hanging a flat panel on the wall. You can run a cable without disturbing insulation. Pro installers, electricians do it all the time.