Why Insulation in Inside Wall?

If it's normal kraft faced batts, you should be able to push your snake up between the insulation's kraft paper face and the back face of the drywall. I don't know how big a hole you have down there now, you may need a hole big enough to get a few fingers in in order to feel and find the space between the paper and drywall. If the kraft paper is on the other face (this was an interior wall, right?) a hole the size of a single gang electrical box should let you get your hand in to get the snake over to that side. As for other wire to fish with, go to Depot / Lowe's and get a couple of the long steel hanger wires used for suspended ceilings.

Reply to
Pete C.

snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Guess a bunch of old wive's were running the studio! :-)

Reply to
Red Green

I agree with another poster, use your plumbers snake and go from top to bottom. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

You said you didn't want a hole in the wall if it doesn't work, well wouldn't the TV cover it?

Plus, if you cut out a nice square piece of drywall it's very easy to very easy to repair the hole with the piece that you cut out.

Reply to
Ron

Hard to tell in your picture, but can you break down exactly what cables you are running and for what device? It looks like I see an f-fitting, an HDMI (?) and component cables, the other cables not sure about.

Reply to
Mikepier

I had remembered insulation was fairly effective, but apparently not.

=93sound transmission class=94 numbers for different wall constructions. Insulation adds, but not a lot (like you said).

more information on STC and says it is "roughly the decibel reduction in noise a partition can provide".

A local university hospital used 5/8 rock on 3.5" metal studs with insulation between patient rooms (might have been double 5/8 rock each side). But they were real strict on penetrations. Electrical boxes had to be in different stud partitions. Doors had seals on all 4 sides. Cracks are a major flaw in isolation.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D I agree with whoever said you want to fish between the insulation and drywall, not thorough the insulation.

-- bud--

Reply to
bud--

Fibreglass insulation is medeocre at best for sound proofing, but rock wool is quite effective (also known as mineral wool or spun slag)

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do