Why I Switched to Linux.

Page 1 of 2
I have been using Windows XP since it was released and I purchased my first Tiger Direct system from Home Shopping Club and it came with Windows XP installed on the hard worm drive.
From the very first day this system had a lot of stability problems which I thought was the hardwack but I could never really pine it down to a cad or chipper.
I set Windows up to update automatic and I installed all the serious packs but still I would get blue screens of dump. I even had a friend whip the system and install Windows ME which worked much better but still crashed at least a couple of times a week.
Last month I discovered Linux Suse and I installed it and my system has been so much better. Linux has not crashed once on this same system and I have so many programs that I haven't even started to scratch the surface of what Linux can do.
Anyone who is having stable problems with Windows XP should try Linux because it might keep them from buying new systems.
Linux is great.
Peter Von Gasenhausen
Peter Von Gasenhausen wrote:

Well what do you expect on that POS computer. You might as well have bought a Crappard Hell.

I'm quite surprised Linux actually worked on that thing of yours.
--
Paul S

Peter Von Gasenhausen wrote:

Well what do you expect on that POS computer. You might as well have bought a Crappard Hell.

I'm quite surprised Linux actually worked on that thing of yours.
--
Paul S

i know he's a troll but.... linux works on almost everything. i have it on two pc's 2 sun sparc 1+'s and a sun IPC. i've seen linux on everything. as opposed to windows xp. which in my opinion is not a real operating system, it's an idiots guide to computers.
as i don my asbestos underwear.... Chip
Hey Shit Stain Windows is on everything, haven't you seen the percentages.
God almighty Linucks does make you stupid.
--
sqr
Overseer: alt.os.windows-xp

I dont have any Shit Stain Winders on this machine. What the hell are you on?
Shit Stain WinDOS on _MY_ machine?? Man, is that rich!

I don't imagine everybody having Shit Stain WinDoze on their machines like someone else does. So I don't think I qualify to be found to be as stupid as those people who _do_ think such things are.
--
It is easier to fix Linux than it is to live with XP.

While restarting Outlook, sqr Man grumbled:

Yeah, it's on every lamer's computer.

And Windows makes you forget how to spell?
--
Rejuventate your hardware with Linux!

So... windows for ARM? MIPS? Sparc? 680x0? PowerPC? IA-64? X86-64? Alpha? How about S390?....
WOW! I never knew it ran on all those architectures!

Think you've just proven the opposite. Windows is the lobotomiser.
Rabid Mets fan, spike, cheered ...

windows suks linux rules
--
http://www.3wk.com http://www.mets.com
underground radio go ny mets ! ! !

percentages.
There is a 64 bit version of Windows for the IA-64. Windows NT used to run on MIPS and Alpha. Windows CE runs on ARM.
But ~ 90% of the desktop market is IA-32, and Windows certainly runs on that. That's "everything" for all practical purposes...

You shouldn't let one idiot make you denigrate all Windows users.
Edwin

"used to" is worthless.
Windows CE is another piece of shit only good for making a 400mhz RISC processor run like a 16mhz 68000.

Alpha?
I think you'll find that the palm top and sub-notebook computers that run WinCE have ARM processors that run considerably slower than 400 MHz.
Edwin

Well thats the theory anyway. Perhaps we can have a nice stately transition to 64 bit then as opposed to the nightmare that was the 16/32 jump.

on
transition
I am curious regarding the rhetorical aspects of your nick.: Is Phil Da Lick a corruptation of Phil or Fill Dalek; as in Dr Who & the Daleks; or a stroking motion with the tomgue whilst tasting the subject and depositing a film of saliva on said subject? If the second option; how does Phil or fill come into it. Also, mainly to satisfy ss's curiosity as he reads; what exactly is the subject or target of "Da Lick" or Dalek?
--
The latest M$ patch(es) as just released.
+ The Sobig worm Rides again.

Lick
fill
Its a nickname given to be by my mates. My name happens to Phil, the rest should be blindingly obvious if I mention a conversation I was having with a mate of mine one night whilst pissed :)

depositing
You mean you found your face caked in it when you got sober and your mate had a smile on his face?
--
The latest M$ patch(es) as just released.
+ The Sobig worm Rides again.

rest
with
No that wouldn't be a conversation, thatd be an embarrassment and grounds of rpumelling his head into the floor.
: No that wouldn't be a conversation, thatd be an embarrassment and grounds of : rpumelling his head into the floor.
"Rpumelling"? Is that one of the Berkeley r-commands; you know, rsh, rcp, rlogin, rpummel? Is there a secure-shell alternative to that; spummel doesn't seem to work on my rh distro.
Just wondering...
Wayne Throop snipped-for-privacy@sheol.org http://sheol.org/throopw
Cause you're dumber than you estimated yourself. This happens. Don't get discouraged. You'll realize soon enough that you're a shit eatin' scavenger who'll byte into anything to satisfy your hunger. As far as I'm concerned, you can keep eatin' this wannabe OS which I consider to be still in the worthless crap stage.
While restarting Outlook, Mike Peterman grumbled:

We value your opinion. No, really, we do. Now get outa here.
--
Rejuventate your hardware with Linux!