Why I shop at Ace Hardware

Page 5 of 5

Another thing that cracks me up is every couple of weeks you guys feel the need to start this thread over again as if to justify yourself and make sure there are still a few left who have the time to miss work and wealty enough to pay extra to shop at the little stores..What's the matter , that warm fuzzy feeling starts to fade and you need a slap on the back and an atta boy from others who still feel the same way....ROFLMAO
benick wrote:

Why are you such an ass? I *will* go out of my way to avoid going to HD, because 90% of the time they don't have what I need anyway. Better to go to the real store the first time. Or just order online. I have two HD's within 5 miles of my house and they are both garbage and I wish they'd get bought out by Lowe's at least they'd improve a little then.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I'm an ass for pointing out the truth??? You can shop anywhere you want....I could care less....I just pointed out the need to re-run THIS SAME EXACT THREAD EVERY FEW WEEKS WITH THE SAME OLD RESPONCES..If my reasoning is wrong give me the REAL: reason for the need to re-run this topic , instead of calling names and re-running your reasons for not going to HD or Lowes...It only belittles you and proves my point....
On 2/22/2009 8:40 PM benick spake thus:

I'm the one who started this thread, and I do shop regularly at Home Despot (no experience w/Lowe's yet); I get things there that I know are cheaper, that are easy to grab and go, and that I don't have to ask for help for.
But I prefer places other than the big-box stores, for the many reasons already stated in this thread. So I guess we'll just have to say that *you* can shop anywhere *you* like, OK?
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won\'t use it. I like it
benick wrote:

I remember the year my children went Christmas shopping for us. They were about $3 short of the purchase price, but the clerk let them take their purchases. We stopped in afterward to settle up. My daughter started working when she was 13. She arranged to buy some custom-made jewelry at a shop in the mall where she worked. The owner gave her credit! She paid it off, as agreed, all without our knowledge.
When the panic was on over Fannie/Freddie, same daughter sold her business to change jobs. Sold her biz. on Craig's list for the asking price to the first comer. Those who can, do........ (Single mom, to boot).