Why don't they make...

a power plug for our GPS on the mirror if it has OnStar or temp and compass? (or maybe newer cars have it?) Please don't tell me about built-in nav...you can keep it!
replying to Bob_Villa , passerby wrote:

So the inevitably too long cord hanging down (in coils?) does not obstruct the view?
On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:44:38 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa

Why? I mount the GPS on the left side of the windshield. Running the cord to the mirror would go right across my field of view. In that position, it is easy to reach, easy to see. I don't want it up by the mirror.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Don't know about new cars, but my 97 Nissan PU has trim along the top edge of the windshield. I used to have an GPS external antenna bud that stuck to the windshield. I just pushed the wire behind the trims and down to the GPS on the lower left corner of the windshield.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY