Why don't contractors / vendors care about making a sale?

Page 2 of 2
jonny snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Wrote: > Why don't contractors / vendors seem to care about selling a product or

I am a contractor and registered here just to respond to your message. I have a small company that does home repairs and improvements. I take pride in responding to clients / potential clients in a timely manner. I never forget that by calling me, they have gone out of their way to give me an opportunity to earn their business. I’m sorry that you have been disappointed in your efforts to hire a dependable contractor, but as you are already aware, unfortunately yours is not a unique story.
From a contractor’s perspective, I could tell you all sorts of stories about difficult clients… but there is no point. Every client deserves the very best service my company can provide.
I can tell you it is a difficult balancing act to schedule all the activities involved in this business and manage resources to remain profitable.
99 percent of my business comes from referrals. Hopefully you will find someone you can trust and depend on in your area. And when you do, make sure you give is name to everyone you know. He will appreciate it and so will they.
--
Proactive

Add pictures here
✖
if the windows were a custom size maybe their manufacture explains some of the delay. bonus your carpenter 10 percent for early completion before your desired due date. good contractors keep booked well in advance to keep their crews busy. it recently took me a month and a half to get custom cut window blinds delivered the "next day". sometimes you're not leaving the store with that new tv until you buy an extended warranty during the hour it seems to take to bring it around to the front door for you. if you find a good roofer or carpenter or plumber or hvac man or painter or electrician, try to give him a full day's work and a good tip. and more jobs.
Add pictures here
✖