Why does this faucet keep dripping?

I've replaced both hot and cold side valves (St. Thomas brand) about two years ago at $40.00 each. Now the faucet is dripping again. I've taken the valves out and they look good. There does not appear to be a replaceable seats in the fixture. Should I lightly sand the seat with some sandpaper? Try to find a replacement rubber rings in the bottom of the valves? Buy a new fixture? Tighten the hell out of it?
Basically out the blue it will start dripping. Sometimes if I open both hot and cold sides at the same time and then close them quickly at the same time it stops for many hours but eventually starts up again. The sound drives me nuts. Thanks.
On 7 Feb 2007 19:46:43 -0800, poison snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

YOu can put a washcloth or any old cloth under the drip to stop the sound. If that doesn't work, rubber band the cloth to the faucet so that the cloth goes from the nozzle to the sink, and that will certainly work.
OTOH, leaving the surface permanently wet will eventually damage the sink's finish**. Mine has several chips in it after I left it wet for weeks. Don't know how long it took to do the damage.
OT3H, dripping will leave minerals stains, but there are a lot of products that will remove those with no damage.
But you can certainly stop the noise when you are tyring to sleep.
**I don't think they make them like they used to. I don't think my 1940's sink would have been damaged by being permaently wet. ??

poison,
They do make a tool that regrinds an old valve seat but look at the seats first,they are probably fine. It's been several years since you've replaced the rubber things (faucet washers?) and they do not last forever. There are numbers on the washers (e.g. 40R) so be sure to buy the right washers.
Dave M.

I called it a rubber thing because it looks like a molded piece that is specific to this valve stem (maybe others) where a washer seems to me as more universal. I will look for replacements as you said, I didn't think I would easily find these unless I went back to the mfg.
There does not appear to be

Try this site which may help you out.
http://www.allabouthome.com/tips/plumbing/faucets.html
Also, take a look here....a listing of DIY sites for faucet repairs, etc.
http://www.google.com/Top/Home/Home_Improvement/Plumbing /