Why does Home Depot refund Cash for Debit Card purchases?

No, you *are* clueless. You demonstrate it daily.

Another demonstration of cluelessness.

Perhaps true, but in any case irrelevant. Buy from them and stop whining! ...pretty simple!

Yet another demonstration of cluelessness.

You stop with the clueless drivel and I'll stop pointing it out. Deal?

Reply to
krw

You might want to read about Ad hominem attacks. If you can't defend your position you only discredit yourself by delivering personal attacks:

George

Once again, you demonstrate your cluelessness. Keep it up, there's probably someone out there who missed it this time too.

Reply to
krw

Home Depot offers to put back on debit as long as you have your card on you. Otherwise cash is the only other option. Don't get it twisted.

Reply to
h3mcgreevy

Even when I have my card I often get asked if I want it back on the card or in cash. I often say "Whatever is easier for you." The result varies.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What other option would you want? Seems logical and they have no DC fees.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You can do 10 large on your *debit* card?

Reply to
Chip C

Hi, Merchants pay service fee to use credit card or Interac per x-action. Maybe they don't want to pay it twice one for sales, one for refund.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Seems you can't make some people happy.... Even cash isn't good enough.

Reply to
trader_4

Hi, Maybe 'coz they don't want debit service fee twice? Also processing refund takes more time than giving cash.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Also many banks charge a fee to deposit large amounts of cash that requires counting, this way giving refunds in cash reduces the amount of the deposit and the resulting bank fee. This method has two pluses for the merchant. They save on the debit card fee and on the deposit fee. Any method to reduce the banking fees to help the bottom line.

Reply to
EXT

And less cash to transport by armored car. Back when Costco accepted Discover you could get $30 cash back, treated as a purchase rather than a cash advance, when you used Discover. It helped Costco reduce the amount of cash that they had to deal with.

Reply to
sms

OMG its $200 stop complaing, geshhh

Reply to
tayhey89

Nobody is complaining, you're replying to a FIVE YEAR OLD thread. geshhh

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

That's not true at all? Maybe it's just some specific ones. I work at a Home Depot and I deal with returns, really it mostly depends on whether you have your receipt.

The register SOMETIMES not ALWAYS gives us an option of choosing to make the return either in cash or debit. And to return it to the card you'll have to have the physical card on you

You're cashier probably just made the choice for you. But yeah. Like I said, sometimes there's an option of choosing debit or cash

Reply to
julianamvluquin

I return something 3 days ago and still ant got my refund yet and everyone else takes about 24 hours I'm fixing to go back to their and talk to the manager

Reply to
mayes6340

On your way, stop at an elementary school and take a few courses in grammar, spelling, and basic English composition.

Reply to
Sam Hill

That's what I was thinking... haha.

Reply to
wyteboi

You guys are hilarious. Back in the 80s of course the dollar had more value and I would say on any given day I had a minimum of 10 to $15,000 in cash on me and it never even crossed my mind someone's going to screw with me yet then again I was packing being I was slinging Blow.

Reply to
twarnke45

replying to Home Guy, SaveourPitBulls/No2BSL wrote: Ok but I don't have that card anymore

Reply to
SaveourPitBulls/No2BSL