Why do they still use the 9/10 cent on gas prices?

Page 3 of 3
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 07:22:37 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

them. We've already had one person in this thread who was outraged that he thought he was being cheated out of a tenth of a cent every time he filled up. Imagine the protests if people thought they might be losing 4 cents sometimes...

Yet they insist on making the *dumbest* choices for dollar coins. No, I don't want any of them either.

CHANGE. All loonies and twonies. It paid for the gas to drive back across the border.
...and I have some loonies and perhaps a twonie or two from ten years ago. So?
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 07:22:37 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

them. We've already had one person in this thread who was outraged that he thought he was being cheated out of a tenth of a cent every time he filled up. Imagine the protests if people thought they might be losing 4 cents sometimes...

CHANGE. All loonies and twonies. It paid for the gas to drive back across the border.
A dollar coin might be all right if it was of a convenient size. But they are too damn big. I don't want to pay an 85 cent charge with a $5 bill that weights almost nothing and takes up almost no space in my wallet and in return get 12 pounds of metal to carry in my pocket.
On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:07:26 -0700 (PDT), Larry Fishel

them. We've already had one person in this thread who was outraged that he thought he was being cheated out of a tenth of a cent every time he filled up. Imagine the protests if people thought they might be losing 4 cents sometimes...
To those people I say "FU".

You missed the point rather badly, I'm afraid.

So do I. That's why I don't walk around searching for dropped change. That would be nearly as stupid as thinking that I suggested doing that.
All I do is keep my eyes open, and pick up any coin that I happen to walk past -- on a sidewalk, in a parking lot as I'm walking to my car, whatever. I get three or four bucks a year that way, at a cost of almost zero time and effort.
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 16:57:37 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

owwww, three or four bucks a year. But it's not zero time and effort. And how many diseases have you gotten from those coins over the years? If you only got sick once in 20 years and had to take a day off work that would offset your lifetime earnings from being such a cheapskate.
wrote:>>All I do is keep my eyes open, and pick up any coin that I happen

Close enough to zero that it doesn't matter. It's free money.

None. Apparently it didn't occur to you that I would put them in my pocket, not in my mouth.

Here is a subject dear to my heart. Gas here about $ 3.99 9/10 It looked cool at $ .19 9/10
I don't even like pennies.
Local service station/market/ service facility to me they make no money using credit cards for gas. You would love this facility. I now get all my stuff done there.
Greg
A penny saved is a penny earned.
I thought a penny saved, is a penny taxed.
A penny saved is a penny earned.

A penny saved is a decent shot pin washer. They also make a decent washer to use in a place where steel would rust.

That was a lot more meaningful when 2 cents bought a loaf of bread. TO bring it up to date it would be $3 saved is $3 earned. but a penny saved is just foolish lily gilding.
On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:23:38 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@highway.com wrote:

Ah, no, you don't. Next time you fill up, do the math.
On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:13:21 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yup, when I put $50 in my tank, I pay $50, not $50.001.