Why do I keep having to add acid to my pool?

I keep having to add acid to my pool and I don't know why. The total alkalenity is high at around 200ppm. I use the trichlor tablets in a feeder for clorine. When I add the acid the level goes to 7.5 but next day it is back to 8.5.
What is making my acid go high?
On Thursday, July 3, 2014 7:22:18 AM UTC-4, H.R. Jones wrote:

IDK and few details are provided. But seeing PH go from 7.5 to 8.5 in one day isn't something I've ever seen or heard of happening, unless something like soda ash is added.