Why do battery charger clips vibrate

If I have a very dead car battery, and put on my battery charger, the clips vibrate when they are on the battery. This occurs on both my 6 amp and 10 amp charger. At the same time, the meters are pegged, so the battery is pulling max amperage. Why do they vibrate?
This does not happen when the battery is partly charged and just needing a little help.

My guess is that your battery charger is using an AC to DC rectifier that puts out either half wave DC or unfiltered full-wave DC. It's cheaper to to do it that way. So, the DC pulses at high current set up an electromagnetic field in the wires and clips that forces the clips to vibrate. It's a bit like a transformer when the coils or laminations work loose.
The forces are still there at low current, but they're not strong enough to make the clips vibrate.
Tomsic

Tomsic is exactly correct!!!
snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

If you don't cotton to the vibration, use a different ringtone.

i have one with a 200 amp boost that des the same thing... i will ask a knowledgable friend.
in any case it sounds like you need a new battery

Battery is fine. I just left the dome lights on all night the other night, and it was on most of the day too, before I went to start the car. No start!!!! The dome lights drained it dead after about 19 hours. The guy who said it's rectified to half cycle, or full wave, with no capacitors makes sense. This is not the first time I've noticed this, I just finally decided to ask out of curiousity.