Why didn't Black & Decker think of this?

Even though the Firestorm 18 volt 7 Tool Mobile Work Station sounds like a good idea, I can't help but wonder if total cordlessness was entirely necessary or even desirable. If I had designed this workstation, I would have put a big sealed lead acid battery into the box and ran a power cord from there with a plug on the end of it that could be connected to whatever power tool you happen to be using at the moment. Not only would this make more power available to the tool (since you only have to hold the motor and not the battery that powers it), but it would probability be quite a bit cheaper to manufacture since only one big lead acid battery would be needed instead of multiple NiCad batteries. Even though the tools wouldn't be entirely cordless, the outfit as a whole would still be completely portable.
Robert
ROTFLMMFAO!!!!! You guy's sure are positive...lol, but I'm afraid that both of them are accurate in their observations Robert.

whatever
and
needed
portable.
the original cordless was just that a wired drill to a big battery you wore on your belt. Like the original Cell phone. wires are a pain in the ....
ISTR that Hitachi has a 18V drill that can use a belted power pack with much greater capacity than the normal in-drill pack.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net