Why deliberately shorting equipment to blow breakers might be a bad idea . . .

I have been a office machine service tech my entire adult life since

1975, we are trained to test by overloading etc all resettable safety devices so we know they work when needed
Reply to
hallerb

I've read a number of online news reports aqbout the Anderson group home fire. I didn't find anything about an electrician having shorted anything. Do you know a link to this information? Absent that, I wonder if this isn't part fact (the fire certainly did occur) and part modern urban legend.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I didn't find anything about an electrician having

wonder if this isn't part fact (the fire certainly did

"The worker told investigators that he did not know which circuit breaker operated the furnace and that he deliberately tripped the system, according to a report from the Missouri Fire Safety Division."

Reply to
volts500

The URL requires a login. Thanks for posting the quote.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

is handy for working around those.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Nurse, where does that vein come from?

I don't know doctor, lets tie it off and see what artery pops.

Cool, it will save us a lot of time.

Reply to
Greg