Why deliberately shorting equipment to blow breakers might be a bad idea . . .

Page 2 of 2

I have been a office machine service tech my entire adult life since 1975, we are trained to test by overloading etc all resettable safety devices so we know they work when needed

I've read a number of online news reports aqbout the Anderson group home fire. I didn't find anything about an electrician having shorted anything. Do you know a link to this information? Absent that, I wonder if this isn't part fact (the fire certainly did occur) and part modern urban legend.
--

Regards,
Robert L Bass
Robert L Bass wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/20/us/20brfs-Fire.html
"The worker told investigators that he did not know which circuit breaker operated the furnace and that he deliberately tripped the system, according to a report from the Missouri Fire Safety Division."
The URL requires a login. Thanks for posting the quote.
--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

www.bugmenot.com is handy for working around those.
Nurse, where does that vein come from?
I don't know doctor, lets tie it off and see what artery pops.
Cool, it will save us a lot of time.