Why can't I find a polarized replacement plug.

But you're not doing this in the middle of the cord, you're doing it just a few inches from the end. The part that is spliced is not going to even be on the reel inside,

Personally I'd just use a good quality 2 prong polarized plug. But now it's turned into something else, "why are the replacement plugs larger than a molded on plug?"

Reply to
sms

If you can't find a replacement plug at Amazon, they prolly ain't available.

Reply to
Ben Dover

ner has a rubber coated round cord with insulation and a black (hot) and wh ite (neutral) wire inside the cord. So it needs an ungrounded two prong PO LARIZED plug where the wires attach via screw terminals. Plenty of unpolar ized plugs with screw terminals as well as polarized two prong "quick attac h" plugs that can attach to flat lamp cord, but nothing for this very commo n use. Any ideas why this is the case? Or better than that, where I can f ind what I am looking for?

Yes, the horse is dead...bury it and move on...

Reply to
bob_villa

Why do you say that these plugs are polarized? Nothing in the text indicates that this is so. Again the diagram indicates the receptacle configuration for NEMA 1-15. NEMA 1-15 plugs can be either polarized or not. Both will fit into the shown NEMA 1-15 receptacle. I have seen plugs like this and the are NOT polarized.

Reply to
Marilyn & Bob

Buy this for crap sakes and be done with it:

bob_villa

I sent an e-mail to McMaster and asked them. They replied that it was polarized. You can do the same to confirm it.

I think it would be unlikely for any of those higher end plugs to be non-polarized. Non-polarized are used for lamps and little AC adapters, but not for appliances.

Reply to
sms

I just bought 3 new lamps today - and guess what - ALL 3 had polarized plugs

Reply to
clare

Which is what you'd expect. You want the contact in the bottom of the socket to be energized, not the screw base. I can't say that I've paid attention, but I wouldn't be surprised if all new lamps like that have polarized plugs.

Reply to
trader_4