Why are copper fittings brighter than copper pipe?

Page 2 of 2
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 1:38:49 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Certainly, don't show her...or she may change her mind!
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 07:58:08 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Why not use a piece of hardwood lagged to the wall with a dovetail cut across the back of the frame - screw the frame to the hardwood cleat with screws behind the floor flanges. Cut the hardwood cleat with an angle to fit the dovetail cut.. You can blind dove-tail so it doesn't show at the end of the frame.. Every bit as strong as the hardware solution - and you can truthfully say you made it all yourself.
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 4:14:01 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I considered that, but I didn't want to remove that much of the frame. The frame is made from 5/4 pine and I figure the cleat would have to be a least 3/4. I'm sure that would have left enough wood, but I decided to go with a metal cleat.
Besides, it's not like I made the pipe either. ;-)
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 18:14:38 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

1 half inch birch or maple cleat will hold around 100 lbs with no problem. using a "fender washer" to spread the load of the rack/frame the 5/4 pine will also be more than adequate - particularly with the pipe flange carrying half of the load directly to the pine sitting ON the cleat, and the flange holding the pine together so it can'r split from the load.
On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 5:44:13 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Why do you need to shine the pipe ????
Copper tarnishes.
Get over it.
Andy
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 11:37:06 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:

Why do you need to use 4 question marks to ask one question?

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 5:44:13 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

pipe. As you can see from

fittings are bright copper, the

so that it matches

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/DerbyDad03/20160326_183023_zpsxb g1l4fw.jpg
Maybe assemble everything, then buff all surfaces with emory cloth to get as close to the same finish as possible? Someone at a hobby store will probably know what kind of clear coating can be used to prevent tarnishing.
On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 13:51:50 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

Paste wax. It won't scratch and peel.

Use "flitz" or "AutoSol" metal polish - or"NevRDull"

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/DerbyDad03/20160326_183023_zpsxb g1l4fw.jpg

to get as close to the same finish as possible? Someone at a hobby store will probably know what kind of clear coating can be used to prevent tarnishing.

Toothpaste is good -- and it leaves your copper smelling minty clean! :O)