Why are bath/shower valves mounted low?

Why are bath/shower valves mounted so low?

Perhaps because this was first done with clawfoot bathtubs (no wall to mount to) and they have done it that way ever since?

Seems to me you are always turning the water on/off from a standing position for either a bath or a shower.... So now that we mount these in walls, the valves should be mounted higher! Then no need to bend down to reach the valves.

So I think I will install my new bath/shower valves up higher. Perhaps as high up as someone could also reach it if taking a bath and wanted to add more water.

(And of course I will also install the shower head WAY up so it will be above my head instead of sticking in my nose!)

Reply to
Bill

You COULD install a second set of faucets...

Reply to
HeyBub