Whp

I have a fireplace that is missing its ornamental cast-iron surround--the three-sided, right angled thing that goes right next to the hole, overlapping the ornamental tiles that also surround the fireplace. I found a good fit in a salvage place but one of the sides was broken off at the bottom. The missing piece was still available, and fitting it together I saw that 1) it had been broken and welded on from behind at least once before and 2) when you put the pieces together it was an absolutely perfect fit---from three inches away you couldn't see the line of fracture. So I crossed my fingers and bought it at a reduced price. Now I need is someone to marry the pieces and install it. What kind of craftsman would do that, and is there a ballpark figure for the service?

zemedelec

zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec