Whoops...Broke Line Into Fridge. Now What?

Hello,
I was moving the fridge and accidentally broke the connection from the fridge to the water. I have an older home so it appears the piping that brings the water to the fridge is copper. In the process of moving it I snapped off the part near the fridge where the piping is attached to the nut that screws onto the fridge part. Hopefully this makes sense.
Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Should I solder it...is that the best option? I've heard of stuff called liquid nails. I've also heard of something called "pex" that is flexible piping. I'm quite handy around the house and do my own repairs on things but this is the first time I've ever had this happen so I'm open to learning what is the best option.
Thanks Jason

just buy a plastic water line kit under 12 bucks a easy DIY replacement.
plastic line is cheap and flexible
On 5/26/2012 4:37 AM, bob haller wrote:

And loads of fun when you come home and find the flood.
More likely, if you have cats who chew on plastic.

And loads of fun when you come home and find the flood.
From what I read, your best option is to go to the hardware, and buy a new ferrule. Cut the tubing off, neatly, and redo the compression fitting with a new ferrule.
Hello,
I was moving the fridge and accidentally broke the connection from the fridge to the water. I have an older home so it appears the piping that brings the water to the fridge is copper. In the process of moving it I snapped off the part near the fridge where the piping is attached to the nut that screws onto the fridge part. Hopefully this makes sense.
Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Should I solder it...is that the best option? I've heard of stuff called liquid nails. I've also heard of something called "pex" that is flexible piping. I'm quite handy around the house and do my own repairs on things but this is the first time I've ever had this happen so I'm open to learning what is the best option.
Thanks Jason
On 05/26/2012 07:14 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What he said. In the meantime, just disable the icemaker so as not to overheat the solenoid valve. Ferrule should be $2-3 and a tubing cutter under $10 (if you don't have one.)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On Fri, 25 May 2012 22:42:58 -0700 (PDT), Jason wrote:

Available everywhere: http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId 02151&kw=ice+maker&origkw=ice+maker&searchIdU902274054 or http://tinyurl.com/cq2mmgz

NEXT - You should shut off the water supply. You might already have a foot of water in your basement.

Anyone who even considers liquid nails as something to use for a plumbing repair, should *NOT* touch the plumbing. Grab your phone book and look under "P" for plumbers. Call one!!!