Whole house water filter

Hi, Instead of hauling bottled water, considering to have whole house filter installed in the basement. Wondering if filter system reduces the water pressure or flow. Any recommendations/suggestions which one to choose? TIA,

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Any filter will have some affect on flow and pressure. If you have a taste problem, just install the filter on the line feeding your sink for drinking water as there is no need to carbon filter toilet water or car washing, etc. I've been using GE filters for the past year or so and they seem to work fine for my needs.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Back when I had nasty city water, one of the GE RO filters worked wonders for me. No need for whole house as the city water was adequate for flushing toilets and the like.

Reply to
Pete C.

A kitchen undersink filter is all you need, bottled water is not even as pure as RO filters get it, plus they waste as much water or more than they filter and remove needed minerals. I use Everpure a one cartrige unit with its own spigot you put in your sink next to the faucet. There are alot of good brands that filter even better than bottled waters are filtered. I looked at shacklee years ago it had great filtering specs, Everpure is used by alot of airlines, large food chains, etc. In the basement on the main, only a sediment filter is needed if you really have particles that will clog things up.

Reply to
ransley