Whole House Surge Protector That Goes Right After The Meter ?

Hello:
Have found just about every other type, but not what I'm after.
Anyone happen to know who manufactures the whole house type of Surge Protectors that are round in shape, and go between the meter, and where the meter used to plug in.
Thanks, Bob
One example of a 'behind the meter' surge protector: http://www.leaintl.com/pdf/MsaCutsheet.pdf They typically cost more money for less joules.
To combine other posts in this and so many other newsgroups into one response: may be good reason why no one will supply parts for your breaker box. The manufacturer is Federal Pacific or FPE. Box may be the type that has a notoriously history. Learn if your breaker box is that dangerous type as demonstrated here: http://www.inspect-ny.com/fpe/fpepanel.htm
You might consider first replacing the breaker box.
Robert11 wrote:

Hi,
Much thanks for link and reply. Appreciate it. Bob -----------

Where I live the serving utility would not allow a surge arrestor to be installed in that location.
Sure would like the link when you find it.
Hi,
Try:
http://www.leaintl.com/pdf/MsaCutsheet.pdf
Bob

Ya I read that in the original email right after I posted... I should have read everything first.
I sent the pdf to some inspector friends and some in the local utilities. Not approved for use here unless your the utility. Seems like an idea, though I am not fond of the concept of removing the meter to change this device. I change my whole house unit every 2 years. And my local surge arrestors every other year as well. Phoenix can have some severe light shows. A couple of nights ago there was a strike just 2 blocks away. Poor guy lost his tree.

Might want to check with them. Since when I had JCP&L as my supplier, they were adiment about not allowing anyone touch their meters(which is required for the meter base surge surpressor), but were filling to rent/provide their own service for a monthly charge.
hth,
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com