Whole House Humidifier

When it is warmer outside, my furnace doesn't run very much. Will a whole house humidifier attached to the furnace still do it's job?

Chris

Reply to
C. Bailey

Hi, It's only active when furnace fan is running. You can manually control the fan without heat.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

A high end system, like Carrier's Infinity, which have a humidistat in the thermostat and will keep the fan running until the humidity is where it should be.

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

As it warms up outside your humidity rises inside, a good humidistat will tell you that. You may or may not need to add humidity.

Reply to
ransley

As others have said, it's really intended to add heat when the furnace is running with heat on. If it's wired to the blower, it would add some humidity if the blower runs without heat. How much depends on the type. If it's one the most common and reliable types that rely on evaporation, then it will add humidity with only the blower running, but at a greatly reduced rate. If it's one of the atomizing types, not sure if they even still make them, then it will add water at the same rate with just the blower.

In my experience, I've never seen a need for adding humidity without the need for heat. My humidifier doesn't come on until it's cold enough to have the heat on quite a bit. Which makes sense, because it's when outside air gets heated that the relative humidity drops.

You also have to be careful not to add too much humidity, because that can cause more problems, like mold and rot, than it cures.

Reply to
trader4

When it's warmer out, you don't want the humidity.

S. Barker

Like if condensation forms on glass you have too much moisture as I do without a humidifier at one location because of a too tight a house

Reply to
ransley