Whole house generator question

Greetings,
I live in an area that suffers through frequent power outtages. In addition, both my husband and I work out of the house, so we are considering buying a whole house standby generator that runs on natural gas. I read a previous thread about this in this group (from last May).
Here're my questions: 1. Does anyone have any familiarity with Caterpillar standby generators, specifically model #'s 25F3S and 45F3S? 2. Do you know of any resources where I can check to see if the pricing I have been given is competitive (for a turn-key system). Neither my husband nor I have the skills to do any of the work ourselves. 3. The bid includes a Zenith 200 Amp Automatic Transfer Switch which is weatherproof and to be installed on the outside wall near the electric meter. Do you have any experience with this switch?
Thank you in advance for your consultation.
Judith
Hi,
For a 200 amp NG standby Gen with an ATS you are looking at about 5 to 6 grand. Installed add another grand. Here's a link where you can compare brands and prices but my pricing is about what they run in Denver. http://www.norwall.com /
candice
Didn't you ask this a while back?
misc.survivalism may be a better NG.

considering
husband
Dr. Judith Mazza, decides to chip in.

You might look at a diesel generator too. Oh and give all the linemen in your area a break and isolate it from backfeeding into the power lines. Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.