whole house fan question2

so what's the general opinion; 12/2 w grnd. to the service panel and a 20 amp breaker or 14/2 w grnd to the panel with a 15 amp breaker? whole house fan only rated at approx. 5 amps

The 15 amp circuit is more than sufficient for a 5 amp fan

Running 12/2 does not hurt, plus you can tap off this line for anything you need in the future such as an adding an outlet, an outdoor light, a bath fan, etc.

depends on how long the run is and what your local code requires.

Use 12/2 with ground. The 15 amp circuits with 14/2 are generally used for lighting. If it is a short distance the 14/2 is okay, but personally I'd use the 12/2.
thank you folks. 12/2 it is to a dedicated 20 amp breaker. this way, if I add a power roof vent I should be good to go...