Whole House fan Near Heater Intake?

We are about to install a 6,000 cfm whole house fan.
The natural place to install it is 2 ft from the heater/AC intake. Of course we would not run both systems at the same time.
Is this a problem? The intake register is over 100 ft from the heater/AC system.
Thanks for any input.
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

My whole house fan is in the ceiling directly above the return, with a distance of about 4.5 feet between the ceiling the top of the return. No problems here.