Whole house fan ? ? ?

Lowes has a new whole house fan. The brand is "Whisper Aire". It uses two high velocity muffin type fans instead of one big fan. Anybody installed one of these units in there house yet. Looking for feedback before I buy one.

Reply to
pmf

I installed this type of fan about three years ago and still works fine. It's a lot quieter and can be used continuously rather than just to blow out the house since it's relatively quiet. The main reason I bought it at first was the insulation feature when not in use during the winter. On the older style the only thing between you and the attic are the louvers and all your heat will escape. It was real easy to install and drops in between the joists. You keep the remote by your bed so at night you just open your window and have a nice breeze.

Only bad thing compared to the older style it will take a bit longer to clear out the hot air when you get home in the evening but not a big deal. This is the only type of fan I will ever install again.

Reply to
Martin Hirsch

Thanx for the advice. The main reason I was interested in this unit was that it was suppose to be quiet compared to a conventional wholehouse fan. Plus the fact that the lid on top of the fan motors are insulated.

Reply to
pmf